Alright soooo this post is overdue by a few months. Yes, you heard it…a few months late. I’ve been pretty busy lately doing my compulsory time in the army (I still have about a year and a half more urgh). As you might have noticed, my postings usually come on the weekends now because that’s the only time I’m actually quite free. Anyhow, I’ve been nominated in March for the abovementioned awards by the lovely and talented Cat from http://lemenudecatherine.com/ Her blog primarily features her food and recipes and occasionally features her travels. Go check her blog out coz her food is AWESOME! And she’s not french but she’s living in France, like how cool is that?! Big shoutout to you Cat once again for nominating me! Woo!!
I’m just gonna talk abit about myself and my life so far, take this as my “acceptance speech”? *claps* Ha,okay enough of the lame stuff, this is my life story.
I’m half Canadian. My family once owned a zoo in Manila and we were going to move to North America so we had to transport them via a ship. On the fateful night, shifting monsoon storms swept away the ship, killing most of the animals and destroying most supplies. I was alone, and all I had were a few food supplies, a live tiger beside me, a broken raft, and the last vestiges of the human will to live. Okay, I hope nobody thought I was serious 0_o………..My life ain’t as crazy as pi’s but here are a few interesting and random things about me.
1. Tennis and Soccer are my first loves. And I’m actually pretty good in Tennis, I’ve played the game since I was five. I watch’em, play’em, if I could catch’em I would. (Not a fan of Pokemon though). Oh I’m Team Federer by the way, I like Nadal and Tsonga too. For soccer, I support Chelsea and I’m stubbornly clinging on to Ac Milan, even though they’re pretty trash now.
2. Favourite subject? Literature without a doubt. It combines language with philosophy,psychology,sociology and even mythology. And it really makes you a better person, or at least a more complete one imo.
3. I love reading, watching movies and being the occasional critic. Some of my favourite movies include Her, The Godfather, The Descendants, Midnight in Paris, The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Slumdog Millionaire, Inception, Gone Girl, Whiplash, and The Spectacular Now.
4. I really hope I’ll study abroad (I have a year and a half to think about it). But even if I don’t, it’s no big deal. The greater aim is to migrate to either the US or the UK. I really don’t like the lifestyle in Singapore. It’s dull, boring, uninspiring and everyone’s only concerned with economic aggrandizement. I don’t identify myself with the Singaporean mentality or whatever it’s called. And I think life in Europe or the US will afford me experiences much richer and fufilling than life here. It’s time to start living and stop existing!
5. I don’t like most coffee, so I don’t see the appeal in Starbucks. Alcohol is fine, I’m not crazy over it. Tea is decent I guess. But I L.O.V.E Orange Julius. And ice cream. And chocolates. Oh, don’t get me started on Macarons and lemon meringue cakes.
6.An ideal day would be a day where I don’t have to give a heck about anything or basically when I have settled everything…then lay on the beach somewhere in the carribean facing the sea, with a pina colada in hand, with shades on just to look swag as hell. Or just watch some tv half naked and a bag of snacks beside me.
7. I think people who conform to society’s codes and conventions have a dead personality. I’m a non-conformist, and do basically what I want without thinking about how society might judge me. It is sad indeed if people live their lives based on how society dictates them to live and behave. Screw that man, you’re your own boss!
8. Growing up I used to kick soccer balls down the balcony all the time. And since we lived on the 12th storey, the impact would’ve been quite strong. I’m sorry if I hit anyone or any cars passing by below hahah. Oops. I used to throw toys down too, I found it fun I guess.
9. My true dream is to become a movie director. Although it’s going to be very difficult, it’s important that I still hold on to it. Who knows? Your impossible dream might open a pathway to you in which case you have to grab it.
10. Wearing different color socks has become a staple part of my fashion style. Do this with ankle socks and mix’em up with funky colors. It’s straight up dope and chic.
The featured image is a picture I took whilst on holiday in Paris with my family last december. I think it pretty much sums up my desire to move abroad haha!
Oh I’m still thinking about the blogs I’m going to nominate, I’ll update this post soon!